Double Down



Letting it Fly

When I share that I live a healthy and measured (nutritional) life, it's a really succinct way of saying that many (perhaps most?) folks think I'm a little bat-sh*t-crazy.

We're a vegetarian and teetotal household, with a home gym that is well stocked, and well used.

Some may also find this confession pretty ironic, considering my favorite subject matter to shoot for color these days is candy (which my teenage daughter is notably happy about taking the "props" off my hands when I'm done shooting them).

However ... as a family, we give ourselves one amazing day a week to let. It. Fly.

Fridays are my night off from cooking, and it is the day we bring out the big guns ... having pizza AND donuts for dinner.

Doubling Down

It's it not just some halfhearted pizza attempt towards indulgence, but an eight corner (yes! every. slice. is. a. corner.) deep dish pizza from Jet's. 

And conveniently located next door to the Jet's we ritually frequent?

Why a Hurt's Donuts, whose display case overflows with incredibly sugar laden, food colored, sprinkled, cookie, candy garnished goodness.

With this in mind (and while counting down the minutes to pizza and donuts), I thought it would be fun to share some inspiring pins from my Friday's favorite indulgence.

Happy Friday and wishing you a whole bunch of weekend happy!

Pizza & Donuts

Comments