Aloe Me To



Aloe Me to Introduce...

Design Seeds *clearly* has a forever-place in my heart.

For oh so many reasons, including:

  • The amazing creative community it helped connect through SeedsColor collaborations
  • It was a dream-turned-reality, going from passion project to full-time job
  • I was able to be prolifically creative for over a *decade* with generous and incredibly supportive readers & followers

In expressing all my gratitude for Design Seeds, what is was / is / and becoming...

I feel a deep thrill in my bones with HI HUES. This energy is so much like the earliest days of Design Seeds.

The thrill is because the amount of creativity I am able to indulge through this project, the "newness" of it all (modern color for the new decade), and the freedom it has granted me as a creative on the interwebs.

This has just about everything to do with HI HUES is 100% new.

I created Seeds in 2009, and this site + blog are my how-I-would-do-it-for-a-new-decade-so-I-am.

There are no brand expectations, the aesthetic I am creating for it unfolds as more content is shared, and the content comes from both a personal and indulgent place within my creative process.

First of all - personal - because of the nature of the blog, and what I am sharing here (which was never integrated into Design Seeds).

Secondly - indulgent - in that the photography and inspiration are solely about color, coming from a place of pure joyous curiosity.

The photos are "sketched" vignettes of color and aesthetics. There is no need for Insta-perfection. And if anything, such "curation" and filtering is the antithesis of modernity, so the more pure the better.

All of this is allowing me to be a so much more playful, raw, and abstract with the content versus that of Design Seeds (with Seeds being about the absolute refinement of the color palettes, created to strike a balanced and perfect chord or harmony).

I'm sharing this big shift in my creative process, because today's subject matter - succulents - are a perfect example of the difference approach I am taking through HI HUES.

I swore I was not touching a petal of a flower for HI HUES (I may have done one, or thousands, of those palettes already ;)

We'll see how that goes, because my "never!" declarations inevitably become the inevitable :)

In the meantime ... the following are a few of my favorite recent succulent pins ...


Comments