Helping Honey



Studio Helpers

I can always rely on Honey to lend a helping hand, but last week was delighted to have Pico get in on the action (even if I only caught one photo of her).

Honey is 8 months old, and Pico is a more matured 8 years.

It was an "interesting" adjustment integrating Honey into our family because I am so bonded with Pico and didn't want her to feel a division of love. Training and bonding with such a little puppy (she was only 2 pounds!), while nurturing the emotional needs of my soul puppy has proved quite a learning experience.

I content that having an older doggo is *ideal* for training a puppy. I swear Honey listened better to Pico than us for the first four months. And despite the initial few days of emotional "bumps" for Pico, the hard work has paid off for everyone (both the four and two legged family members).

Gratefully Honey & Pico get on oh so well, with Honey looking at Pico like she hung the moon. Although a stellar player of fetch, Pico has notably mellowed the past few years, but her "inner puppy" has been reignited (loving to play with squeak toys and chasing her puppy-sister).

Hope you enjoy this vignette of doggos and color I captured while cleaning up last week :)


















Comments